You’d be lying if you said you haven’t binge watched at least one thing during COVID, but if you actually haven’t I applaud you. I have definitely been going through a copious amount of tv screen time, don’t worry I’ve taken the time to step away as well and go for a walk or colour! But today I’m going to share with you a few of my recently watched shows and movies.
- Tiger King [Netflix] – This new netflix series is definitely something for the books. Now for me I love animals and I don’t like any form of animal cruelty, so I was hesitant at first. But let me tell you, if you love watching shows and laughing because of stupid humour this is the show for you. This show doesn’t have any animal cruelty – other than the part of keeping wild animals for themselves, but the show is more about the people. The type of characters in this show is something you wouldn’t believe, if you’re looking for a new show to just have playing in the background this is it – and you will be hooked to it.
2. Love is Blind [Netflix] – Now if you haven’t gotten on the Love is Blind train then you must be living under a rock. This show is like a mashup of 90 Day Fiance, Bachelor and Married at First Sight all into one. Contestants are set up in pod rooms and can only communicate with each other through a wall. They’ll be given a few weeks and if they think they have a match with someone they can propose, and will finally meet. Then watch their stories unfold until the day they get to the altar to see if love is truly blind.
3. Dear White People [Netflix] – This show follows a group of African American students and predominantly white Ivy League College. Through an absurdist lens, the series uses irony, self-deprecation, brutal honesty and humor to highlight issues that still plague today’s”post-racial” society.
4. O.J Simpson: Made in America [HBO] – If you love crime documentaries, or have recently watched Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez then you will enjoy this one. This is a 5 part documentary series that follows the life of O.J Simpson, showing his life before his trails and during. This was super interesting to watch as I didn’t know much about O.J, but I learned a lot through this series, a very interesting watch!
5. Mommy Dead & Dearest [HBO] – If you don’t know the story of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her mother Dee Dee Blanchard, then you are about to be shook. This is a documentary based on the true story of this mother and daughter and the reality of what Gypsy was going through. You’ll come to learn that not everything is what it seems. I know that there is a new series on Hulu about Gypsey called The Act, which I will definitely be checking out as well.
6. Law Abiding Citizen [Netflix] – If you don’t like blood, and gruesome content then maybe this movie isn’t for you. Heck I’m even surprised I was able to watch it, well I did but mostly through my hands. I would say if you liked ‘Gone Girl’ and crime movies then this is a good watch! Keeps you on your toes.
7. Too Hot Too Handle [Netflix] – This is basically the opposite of Love is Blind. Contestants join this show without knowing the details. These people are the type to jump into bed with the next person on the first date. But can they survive living with some of the hottest people and now loose all the money? – This is definitely a good bad show like a guilty pleasure. If you’re looking for a good show to just laugh at this is it.
8. DOPE [Netflix] – This movie follows a group of young nerd kids in highschool who end up going to a party and end up having drugs in their possession. It has humour and an overall good plot line. If you like Dear White People you’d like this one too.
I’m happy to say that yes I haven’t binge watched as many shows and movies as I thought I while being stuck inside. When I have the opportunity I like to spend my days outside in the backyard, soaking up the warm sun and smelling the fresh air, with a nice cup of iced coffee. Then once work is complete I’ll spend the evening colouring or doing a puzzle. Helps the time go by quite fast and is very relaxing. Another new hobby I’ve taken up is TikTok…learning new dances and trends is something that just keeps me amused for fun, also been spending a lot of time on Zoom calls which is wholesome.
I hope you all are finding little things to keep yourself busy and sane.