My morning routine looks a lot different these days. I’m having more time in the day for me, to sleep, to take care of myself, and I’ve definitely been taking advantage of it! The best part about staying home is the amount of money I’m saving, I can’t just go out and eat when I get hungry so eating right and taking the time to cook some great meals has been a great experience. I’ve been finding a lot of great recipes on Pinterest and on Instagram!
Today I’m going to be sharing a few of my favourite meals, snacks, and yummy treats for you all to try and enjoy!
Let’s start with the first thing most people have in a day, coffee. I’ve recently seen videos (tiktok videos to be exact) of a whipped coffee recipe. I’ve learned this is actually called Dalgona coffee, it’s made with instant coffee, sugar, and water. That easy and oh so very delicious!!!
- Mix 2 tbs of instant coffee, 2 tbs of sugar, 2 tbs of hot/warm water
- Whisk until whipped texture – can take 10-15mintues
- Fill a cup with half ice, and choice of milk
- Add whipped coffee to top
- Stir – and enjoy!!
This has been something I’ve been quite enjoying lately. Grab a book, sit in the sun and make it feel like your sitting on a patio at a Cafe!
A great lunch meal I love to have especially in the summer is greek pasta salad! It’s refreshing and filling, and one box of pasta makes me enough for a whole week! Now usually in a greek salad there is olives, I’ don’t personally like them so I don’t add them into the mix, but you can add or remove anything to customize it to your liking!
- Pasta of your choice – I love making it with Fusilli
- Red Onion
- Red Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- Salad dressing I use: Kraft Greek Feta & Oregano
- Fill pot with water, add salt
- Bring to boil and add pasta
- Cut Red onion, cucumber and red pepper and mix in a bowl
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water
- Place pasta with all cut ingredients into one bowl, mix
- Mix in feta cheese
- Add dressing
Now if you’re having a sweet tooth and craving something yummy, this blueberry crisp is the perfect thing to try! Having it warm with some ice cream is so delicious.
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter – cut into pieces
- 6 cups of fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish – set aside
- Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Blend in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture is crumbly
- Place the blueberries in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the crumb mixture over them
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes
- Enjoy and serve with ice cream!
If you have any fun recipes you’ve been making, please share with us!